Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Chapter 4


Chapter 4 of your dissertation discusses the data you have collected and your analysis. As a faculty reviewer, I will want to see any changes to your method from your plans in Chapter 3. I will then expect that you will walk me through the analyses step-by-step. Meaning, for quantitative studies, I will want to know how you cleaned your data (check for missing data, make decisions about the missing data, check for extreme scores). I will want to see that you checked the assumptions for each statistical test that you use. For each hypothesis, I expect you to detail the analysis and draw a conclusion as to whether you retain or reject the hypothesis.

For qualitative data (e.g., interviews) I will want to see each research question detailed, and the interview questions related to it, discussed. I will expect to see quotes from participants and have you briefly summarize the results of each research question.

By the time I have finished Chapter 4, I should have a good understanding of the data from your study and be convinced that you also understood the data and the analyses.

Next time, I will discuss Chapter 5 from the faculty reviewer perspective. Do you have an issue or a question that you would like me to discuss in a future post? Would you like to be a guest writer? Send me your ideas! leann.stadtlander@waldenu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment