Friday, May 18, 2018

Stay positive!


Today, Mandy is reminding you to stay positive! It is easy to begin thinking negative thoughts about yourself and believe that you are not capable of completing your doctorate. Find yourself a support group of peers working on their dissertation. Be a support for each other, giving encouragement and reminding you why you are doing this!

You may also consider writing out a dissertation statement and putting it on your desktop where you will see it every day, such as: "I am a strong, intelligent, capable person; I will complete my dissertation and have a Ph.D. after my name."

Next time, we will consider ignoring negative comments. Do you have an issue or a question that you would like me to discuss in a future post? Would you like to be a guest writer? Send me your ideas! leann.stadtlander@mail.waldenu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment