Sunday, August 11, 2019

Fear of Mistakes

Have you ever sat frozen at your computer, afraid that your writing won’t be good enough? I recently visited the Library of Congress in DC and saw this document:
This is an early draft of the Declaration of Independence, one of the most important documents in the US. Several things occurred to me with this.
1) Even the best writers in history had to make revisions
2) Perhaps there is a link between amount of revisions and quality of the final document?
3) That I am so appreciative of computers, and the ease of revisions now! Imagine writing such a paper by hand and having to start over with the slightest error.

Next time we will look at the nature of the study section in your paper. Do you have an issue or a question that you would like me to discuss in a future post? Would you like to be a guest writer? Send me your ideas! leann.stadtlander@waldenu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment