Monday, March 3, 2014

Welcome to spring quarter!



Mandy as a snow puppy
Although the calendar says that it is spring quarter, here in Montana it is still snowy and cold. I always think of spring as a new beginning, what do you want to do with your dissertation this quarter? Now is the time to change those bad habits that you may have developed of putting off writing and promise yourself that you will do better this quarter by setting up a writing schedule. You also may need to feel more connected and find some peer support.

I am starting a special text (as in phone texting) dissertation support group this quarter just for readers of the blog. What's involved? I ask that you let the group know whenever you are thinking about or working on your dissertation. You need to have unlimited texting on your phone, be in the dissertation course, and commit to being involved for at least spring quarter. I will help by every morning sending a text to everyone to get you started for the day. This is NOT a forum for complaining about chairs, etc., it is a way to get peer support on the writing process. I can only have about 10 people in the group, so the first 10 people that email me with their phone numbers will be included. I will ask you to do a short survey to see where you are in the process. Anyone else will be added to a wait list. Want to get daily support and commitment to your dissertation? Send your phone number to leann.stadtlander@waldenu.edu


Next time we will return to the dissertation proposal and talk about c.4: Intro, pilot study, and setting. Do you have an issue or a question that you would like me to discuss in a future post? Would you like to be a guest writer? Send me your ideas! leann.stadtlander@waldenu.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment